0844 248 2552
American Airlines, Inc. or “American,” as they are commonly known, is the flag-carrier airline for the United States of America, a founding member of the Oneworld Alliance, and the largest airline in the world.
Headquartered in historic Fort Worth, Texas, its fleet is the largest in the world, it flies more passenger-kilometers than any other airline, and it brings in more revenue than any other airline – however, it is only the second largest in the world by the number of destinations flown to. Still, there’s no shame in second place on the global scale, and American Airlines along with its many regional partners flies to an incredible 350 destinations in 50 different countries.
This extensive domestic and international flight network sees 6,700 American Airlines flights every day and is never silent, constantly alive with flights carrying passengers to their new destinations at any time of the day or night.
American Airlines is one of the founding members of the world-class OneWorld Alliance, the third largest airline alliance in the world, joined with its partners British Airways, Iberia and Finnair across the Atlantic Ocean, as well as Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines across the Pacific Ocean. These are some heavy-hitting flag-carrier airlines, which fits OneWorld Alliance’s drive to connect the world as effectively as possible and provide the best quality air service in the world to as many customers as they can.
Regional service such as that outside the United States is carried out by a subdivision of American Airlines, very Americanly called “American Eagle”.
Why Might You Need the American Airlines Contact Number?
If you are travelling with American Airlines at all, you may need to call the American Airlines Contact Number for any reason. You may need to call as a result of a mix-up with tickets, or due to a booking issue. You may wish to change a flight, or upgrade your booking. The American Airlines number can be called whenever you need to:
• Get help making a booking online or check for available flights
• Report a problem logging in to or navigating the American Airlines website
• Make changes to your booking
• Check-in online before your flight
• Check the scheduled departure or arrival time of a particular flight
• Request special travel assistance during your journey
• Request a cancellation invoice or a acquire a refund
• Make a formal complaint to American Airlines.
American Airlines FAQs
Other Useful American Airlines Numbers:
|American Airlines||Phone Number|
|Head Office||0844 248 2552|
|Customer Service||0844 248 2552|
|Complaints||0844 248 2552|
American Airlines Contact Phone Line Opening Hours
|Head Office||8am – 8pm Monday to Friday|
American Airlines Head Office
|Head Office|| 4333 Amon Carter Boulevard
Common Questions for American Airlines Customer Service
What special service arrangements can I make when travelling with American Airlines?
• When travelling with American Airlines, customers are able to make special arrangements if they or an accompanying party have mobility difficulties. Booking this in advance can help to make getting around the airport much easier when you arrive.
• To book special assistance, simply check the box named ‘Disability Assistance Required’ when you enter the passenger name during booking. You will be able to identify the special needs on the following page and select from a list of assistance options.
• American Airlines offers a variety of assistance options for those needing to use a wheelchair; the visually impaired and/or the hearing impaired. When changing your reservation on AA.com, bear in mind only the wheelchair assistance option will be transferred automatically – other requests must be arranged separately.
How can I check-in with American Airlines?
• If you are travelling on an American Airlines, American Eagle or American Connection flight, you can choose to check in online before your flight by selecting the ‘Flight Check-In’ tab on the AA website and logging in with your details.
• Curbside check-in, which allows you to check your bags, put associated charges on a credit card and get a boarding pass from outside your airport, is also available.
• Self-service Check-In is a fast and easy way to check in for domestic and selected international flights. Simply use one of the Self-Service Check-In machines inside the airport – you will need your E-ticket.
• Please note that there are specific check-in requirements/limitations when travelling in or between the US Puerto Rico and the USVI; travelling with an infant under the age of 2 or before the recommended check-in period for your airline.
What extras can I purchase during my booking/before my journey?
• American Airlines offers passengers the option to add extra services to their booking before they travel.
• Extras offered by American Airlines include trip insurance (from a reliable third party provider); curbside check-in; baggage collection and delivery; pet carriage; in-flight meals and refreshments, and upgrades to first class perks such as the entry to the Flagship Suite.
• Other special travel requests, such as meals prepared according to dietary requirements, or if you are travelling with children, can also be adhered to if you notify American Airlines in advance. Simply call American Airlines Customer Service for more information.
Who are American Airlines?
American Airlines is a major US airline operating in partnership with British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines and Qantas. It was established in 1930 by a merger of 80 carriers and operates an extensive domestic and international network under its parent brand American Airlines Group.
The airline has a fleet size of around 631 aircrafts and operates routes to more than 27 destinations. Regular American Airlines travellers may be eligible to join the company’s loyalty scheme, AAdvantage, which allows them to earn flight perks and extras with the more points they earn.
American Airlines operates form ten headquarter hubs located in Dallas, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Charlotte, Miami, Washington DC, Chicago, LA, New York JFK and New York La Guardia. Its primary headquarters and the nerve centre of its operations is in Tulsa International Airport, with maintenance centres and communications nodes set up at all of its main hubs.
As of the end of 2015, official company reports revealed that American Airlines employs over 113,300 people, and is currently valued on the American Stock Market at over $40.99 billion.
Incoming search terms:
- american airlines